1925 Elm Street | Dallas, TX 75201
214.670.3687 | 1,704 Seats
The Majestic Theatre opened its doors on April 21, 1921 as a vaudeville theatre. It was built by impresario Karl Hoblitzelle and designed by John Eberson, one of the foremost designers of theatres in the early 20th Century. The theatre transitioned to a film venue in the 1930s, screening its last film in 1973 before the theater went dark. The Hoblitzelle Foundation gifted the Majestic to the City of Dallas in January 1976. After major restoration, the Theatre reopened on January 28, 1983 as a performing arts venue.